Super Low Mileage
Ram 3500 SLT + XPCamper
A Rare Opportunity
If you are in the market for a high end expedition truck camper. This is it. A highly unique opportunity to own possibly the lowest mileage 3rd Generation Ram 3500 5.9 Cummins on the market along with a very lightly used XP/Nimbl camper.
The vehicle is being sold by the founder of the XPCamper Club, with good knowledge of the previous owners and camper history.
The Truck – Dodge Ram 3500 SLT – 2006
Regularly touted as ‘One of the Best Trucks Ever Made’, the 3rd Generation Ram 3500 with the excellent 5.9 Cummins Diesel engine is a heavy duty legend. 2006 is the last year Ram produced this before they added the EGR / DEF emissions controls in 2007. A bonus for those visiting areas outside of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel distribution; like the Pan American highway.
At the time of writing this truck currently has less than 27,500 miles. That is not a typo 🙂
At this mileage it’s not hard to believe the condition of the vehicle is excellent inside and out. A very low mileage 2006 Ram 3500 Cummins 5.9 with a stick shift. The Unicorn for truck camper hauling.
The truck has some great heavy-duty and off-road upgrades, and is currently set up to be useable with the camper on or off the beautifully made custom XP Truck Tray aluminum flatbed
The truck is a 2006 Ram 3500 SLT 4WD with manual shifting.
For the full factory truck spec, please visit >> THIS LINK <<. It details both the OEM standard equipment on the truck along with all items optioned from the factory when purchased. The link is not generic, it is specific to the VIN Number of this vehicle.
- Thurens Control Arms
- ICON 2.5 HD Adjustable Remote Reservoir Shocks and HD Spring Kit
- Edge Programmer (currently set to standard setting)
- 18″ KMC XD Enduro Wheels
- Brand new (installed mid Oct 2020) Yokohama M/T 003 tires
- ARB rear locker
- Dynatrac Freespin Locking Hubs
- Firestone RideRite Airbags
- Heavy Duty Bumper (ARB or Buckstop, not 100% sure) with Recovery Points
- Bushwacker Fender Flares
- We are awaiting details of further upgrades that may have been done to the steering.
The Camper – XPCamper V1
The camper is a late 2015 XPCamper V1. A ‘pop-up’ camper that is aerodynamic and stable when driven with a hydraulically raised roof when camped, allowing for a incredibly spacious camper experience.
The Nimbl camper was voted #1 Overland Camper by Truck Camper Adventure in 2020.
Like the truck, the camper has received very little use and comes with a check-through by Nimbl Vehicles, which recently purchased the XPCamper business.
The camper layout is perfect. Everything you need, nothing you don’t. A full size queen bed, quality marine Webasto appliances. A comfortable rear dinette with huge top hung panorama window. A clever indoor sit down toilet and shower cubicle that ‘closes’ transforms into extra work surface and adding a feel of open space.
Lots of people say the camper interior looks a little like a boat. This is due, in part, to the camper being designed by Steve Kozloff, a prominent designer of arctic expedition yachts. Made from a monocoque fibreglass hull, there is none of the worrying about stapled wood frames falling apart with off-road use.
The smooth surfaces mean Keeping the camper clean is incredibly easy. Keeping it tidy is easy too, with a surprising amount of storage options underfloor, underbed, under seat and overhead as well as cupboards under the sink, a cutlery draw and large built in storage bins beside the bed.
These campers also have a ‘full timer’ pedigree. With several owners taking them on multi year trips through the Americas and beyond. They hold up incredibly well and retain their long term value.
The compact nature of the truck and camper when ‘closed’ means that camper is suitable for container shipping if required. The secure nature of the camper when ‘closed’ means that RORO (Roll On, Roll Off) shipping can be done securely by placing all belongings inside the camper.
The camper also comes with OEM XPCamper Jacks. These allow the camper to be removed for storage if required. Leaving you with a great flatbed truck.
- XPCamper V1 – October 2015
- Seamless and frameless monocoque fibreglass shell
- Hydraulic remote lift system – interior roof height 6’6″
- 75 gallon Fresh Water Tank
- 27 gallon Grey Water Tank with Johnson Sump / Macerator Pump
- Full size Queen Bed + European Froli Spring Mattress System
- Thetford sit down toilet w/ exterior pull our cassette.
- Indoor (hot/cold) shower cubicle with slatted wooden base.
- 4 Dometic Windows and Dometic Skylight including a panoramic rear window all with dual insect and blackout shades
- LED Lighting
- 2 MaxxFan Ceiling Fans – Multi speed / reversible
- 2 Rigid Solar Panels – 320w
- 2 Lifeline AGM 6v 300ah batteries in series making 12v 300ah
- Shore Power Charger
- 30a Smartplug Shore Power Inlet
- Multiple 120v AC / 12v and USB sockets throughout
- Webasto X100 stove (diesel)
- Dometic 12v Marine Fridge/Freezer – 4.3 cubic feet
- Stainless steel sink with mixer tap and handy ‘hip-switch’
- Johnson SFX Water Pump
- Water filtration system
- Webasto Evo 6 Dual Top (diesel)
The Flatbed – XPTruck Tray
The custom aluminum flatbed is a work of art. Matched perfectly to the LWB Ram it houses 4 lockable storage boxes along with a 6′ slide out tray in the rear, good for storage but also a great platform for cooking.
As mentioned, the camper is removable and comes with the original XPCamper jacks. This leaves you with a flatbed truck. As an added bonus, the original owner purchased the XP Truck Tray ‘drop down’ side walls, which easily and quickly attached the the flatbed, creating a box for great hauling versatility.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase a hardly used expedition vehicle at huge savings over the price of new. A truck that is barely ‘run in’ and a camper that that looks shiny and fresh. Plus …. it’s available now.
The camper is currently in Colfax, with Nimbl Vehicles and is offered for sale at